Airports: The main journey program takes place in Kigali, Rwanda. The airport is (KGL). Look VERY carefully at flight durations, as well as take-off and landing dates! Remember that we lose a day going to Africa, so you may need to leave as early as Dec. 1 to arrive in time for Dec. 3rd.
Main Program Dates:
Afternoon of December 3rd - Morning of December 11
Mid-day December 11 - morning December 13th.
Morning Dec. 13th - Afternoon December 17th. (fly directly out of Kilimanjaro Airport JRO in Tanzania).
Days and transitions in detail:
• The program begins on December 3rd. Travelers will arrive throughout the day, and we’ll welcome you right at the airport. The official kickoff will be a dinner that evening, so arrive as early in the day as you wish, but preferable before late afternoon/early evening on the third.
• The main program ends on the morning of December 11th, so December 10th is the last included hotel night of the main program. In the morning of the 11th, we’ll have a group breakfast & farewells & free time.
• For those doing the Gorilla Trek, we’ll depart mid-day on the 11th.
• If your trip ends after Gorilla trek, you can book a return flight from Kigali on the 13th.
• If you want to do the Tanzania/Serengeti Safari, we’ll depart on the 13th, and go on an incredible adventure that ends in Tanzania on the 17th.
• If you are doing the additional Tanzania safari, you can choose to book your return flight out of Tanzania, from the Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), instead of out of Kigali. If you prefer, we can help you book a flight back to Rwanda to return home (this flight is not included in program costs, estimate $300-$450 one way.).